September is Membership Month!
Special tours, night-time exploration, Storywalk, Trivia Night and more are on tap in September – just for our Garden members. Some events have limited space, so make your reservations below.
We look forward to celebrating your support of the Garden.
Here’s what you can look forward to as a member during the month of September:
- Free Admission to MOXI: The Wolf Museum of Exploration + Innovation
- September 1 – 30, 2022
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden members receive free admission to MOXI for the entire month of September as part of a special reciprocal agreement. Advance reservations are required along with proof of Garden membership. MOXI members also receive free admission to visit the Garden this month.
- Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Pritzlaff Conservation Center with Garden Executive Director Steve Windhager, Ph.D.
- Thursday, September 1
- Garden Executive Director Steve Windhager, Ph.D., leads a small group into the labs in the Pritzlaff Conservation Center (PCC) to meet scientists and view the herbarium collection of preserved plant specimens. Light refreshments served afterwards on the PCC deck. Free, reservations required.
- Family Nature Night After Dark
- Friday, September 9 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- A rare chance to explore the Garden after dark. Search for creepy crawlies with black lights (provided), enjoy a night walk through the redwoods, investigate owl pellets, meet two raptors from Eyes in the Sky, and more. Hot cocoa available upon arrival. Flashlights are highly recommended. $20 for adults, $10 for youth aged 3 to12, free for children under age 3.
- Santa Barbara Public Library at the Garden
- Monday, September 12
- Storytime in the Garden: A day dedicated to stories, books, and fun for preschool-aged kids, presented in partnership with the Santa Barbara Public Library, begins with a Storytime on the lawn of the Pritzlaff Conservation Center. Include songs, rhymes, movement, and stories in English and Spanish. Bring lawn chairs or picnic blankets. Free, reservations required.
- Library on Wheels: The Library on Wheels is parked at the Center all day. Visitors can browse, get a library card, and check out books. Free, open to the public.
- Backcountry Storywalk: Debut of Storywalk in which pages from picture books are printed on large standing signs and placed along pathways, along with related activities, while walking through Backcountry. Continues through Sunday, September 18. Free, open to the public.
- Two Santa Barbara Botanic Garden Trivia Nights at Night Lizard Brewing Company
- Tuesday September 20 and Wednesday September 21, 7 to 9 p.m.
- Team trivia contests led by the Garden’s Living Collections Curator Christina Varnava, with questions created by the Garden’s horticulture and conservation teams. Winning teams receive gift baskets from the Garden Shop. Free, open to the public, $1 discount on beer; proceeds benefit the Garden.
Carrying out our mission to conserve native plants and habitats is possible only through support of members like you. Whether you’re passionate about native plants like us or you just want to enjoy the beauty of the Garden, our members help us ensure this space is protected for generations to come.
Thank you, members!
Don’t miss out
Join or renew your membership today
To become a Garden member, visit our membership page. Individual memberships begin at $75, with discounts for seniors and college students. Garden Members receive free admission year-round plus reciprocal benefits to over 345 gardens and arboreta nationwide, as well as a 10% discount on Garden Shop and Nursery purchases (and at partner nurseries), a mailed subscription to biannual Ironwood magazine, advanced registration on Garden classes and special events, and more.