Spring Planting Kick Off: Member Preview
- Garden Nursery
- February 23, 2024
- 2:00PM - 5:00PM
Explore more topics
Make it a gardening weekend.
Spring may be near, but the rainy season isn’t over just yet. This means you still have time to incorporate California-native plants into your home garden, giving them the best chance to establish roots before drier days ahead.
To support you in creating thriving backyard habitats, the Garden is loading up our nursery inventory once again. Before the last rains come, you’ll have access to a larger assortment and wider variety of native plants – with tried-and-true cultivars and unique species from all over California.
Early sales are open exclusively to Garden Members. All purchases support Santa Barbara Botanic Garden in our mission to conserve native plants & habitats for the health & well-being of people & the planet.
If you cannot make it on a Friday before 5 p.m., we will be re-stocking and members will again have priority access to plants from 9-10 a.m. on Saturday, February 24.
What to Expect:
- Reservations Required: To manage the flow of traffic to our parking lot and ensure no one is turned away we ask you to please reserve a spot.
- Shop Time: Your reservation offers you one parking space and an hour of stress free shopping. Please be kind and arrive on time.
- Shopping Carts: Wagons are available to help you transport your new plants to your vehicle.
- Inventory Restocking: There are no bad times to reserve because we’ll be restocking the nursery every hour with new native plants to choose from.
- Nursery Staff: Staff and volunteers will be available to answer your questions and help you load plants into your car.
- Garden Closed to Public: In order to facilitate parking for this event, we’ve closed the Garden to non-members.
Time Slots for February 23, 2024:
Reserve your spot at the link in the header. Registration is required. Each reservation is for one vehicle including all guests who arrive in that vehicle.